to-dos as an imagined future
I like a voice that is independent, one that gives in-depth social journalism for health. I guess that how I ended up reading Croakey.
As a front line, coal face clinician I imagine a health service that is safe and healthy and joyful. I’m also quite the optimist.
For me there is magic when vision is clear, apparent and filled with our best selves.
- PREVENTION: Government realising that prevention policy, and investment in it, yields the best health returns for Australians.
- HOSPITAL EVOLUTION: Working towards hospitals of the future, focused on care in the community that won’t look and function anything like the current model.
- INTEGRATION: Gearing our system to better manage multimorbidity, and bringing together mental health and physical health in primary care services as a focus; striving for a fusion of health and community services to address all factors that determine health.
- LISTENING TO US: Serious investment in consumer voices and leadership development.
- PLACE-BASED LOCAL DESIGN: Ensuring provider and industry interests make way for consumers in co-design of health services, and accelerated use of Primary Health Networks and local partnerships for regional health care solutions.
- YOUTHFUL: Including young voices in planning and design of Australia’s future health and wellbeing systems, and investing in early years for optimum child health, development and wellbeing
- FIRST PEOPLE: Government stepping up to close the gap in health outcomes by prioritising the recommendations from the Uluru Statement From the Heart.
- MEASURE: Patient reported outcomes, experiences and activation levels becoming an integral part of measuring success in the health system
- EVIDENCE: Removing funding barriers in the health system to ensure people receive best practice, evidence-based care as needed from multidisciplinary health care teams
- TECH POWER: Embracing and regulating the technologies that make health care more accessible and efficient for consumers
If this was the meassure, how close do you think we are?